COVID-19 UPDATE, 7-2-2020
As many of you have heard, all gyms have been required by Governor Ducey to close for the next 30 days. We apologize for the sudden closure, but we were only given a 5-hour notice to close down.
Many Clubs are fighting this closure as they feel it is unfair to single out health clubs and a few other businesses while others are allowed to remain open. We agree! We have taken every precaution to have the highest level of cleanliness possible, well beyond CDC and state requirements, for the safety of our members. We are currently looking into options to reopen as fast as we possibly can. Unfortunately, the Governor’s shut down order is a government ruling and we believe we must abide by the ruling. We will reopen as soon as the Governor allows!
With that being said, we feel your safety is THE most important thing despite our wishes to reopen. We feel it is most important to see covid numbers decrease and keep every one of you safe in these crazy times
Please stand by our side through these difficult times. We ensure you all that we are working diligently to get back open and service you in your health and fitness needs as soon as we possibly can!
If you disagree with the Governor’s Executive Order, please direct your comments to https://azgovernor.gov/engage/form/contact-governor-ducey.
Please stay safe and healthy.
See you very soon!
COVID-19 UPDATE, 6-19-20: Local government mandates have changed regarding our gym and wearing masks. City of Chandler is requiring that all members wear a face covering when entering and exiting the gym. Within the gym, only IF you cannot maintain 6 feet of social distancing from other members does local government recommend that you wear face covering.
To keep all our valued members safe, we will continue our comprehensive COVID-19 protocols.
- No fevers. Every staff member will have their temperature taken when they arrive. Anyone with fever or other symptoms will be asked to stay home.
- Space to breathe. Our large facility allows you room and space to maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing. We have blocked off some cardio equipment as well as moved other pieces of equipment to maintain social distancing.
- Comprehensive Sanitization. We regularly disinfect and sanitize surfaces and equipment with hospital-grade sanitizer. We provide each member hand sanitizer as they arrive and leave. We provide each member their own sanitized bottle of hospital-grade sanitizer and micro-fiber cloth so they can clean before and after using equipment. Nightly, we complete a comprehensive cleaning with sanitizers.
- Member Awareness. We ask that all members do their part and disinfect before and after each equipment use, maintain safe social distancing, stay home when sick, and do what you can to protect those around you.
STAY SAFE AND KEEP FIT !
We appreciate your patience during the shutdown. Elite is cleaner and safer than ever, and our staff can’t wait to have you back in the gym.
Please be on the lookout for future communications via email, text, and on the website.
Here are some temporary changes you can expect when you return to Elite:
- Nightly Deep Cleaning: Elite will initially be reopening with reduced hours of operations from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Friday, and from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday, to perform nightly deep cleaning.
- Social Distancing: In conjunction with the CDC physical distancing recommendations, you will experience much more space between equipment throughout the gym. Initially, group fitness, childcare, drinking fountains, and towel service will not be available. We will reassess the situation daily and look forward to providing these services again as soon as possible.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations: We have invested in providing a clean and sanitized personal spray bottle and a microfiber towel to all members to use during workouts.
- Staff Safety Protocols: All staff will be required to wear a mask while in the gym during business hours.
We have taken extensive precautions to ensure a safe and ultra-clean environment!
See you Friday!